I ride my bike to work every morning and I like it. I laugh at all the stubborn drivers stuck in their cars, traffic slowing to a halt as I ding my bell and speed right on by.
It is a beautiful thing, AND it is helping me lessen my impact on the environment. I get to the office every morning feeling refreshed and energized, ready to take on another day.
There are a few important things to know before hopping onto a bike and touring around a major city, and I would like to share them with you:
- Wear a helmet. You look stupid if you don’t.
- Use both a U-lock and cable or chain to lock the frame and wheels.
- Wear bright clothing. You want to be as visible as possible.
- Be heard. Having a bell is the law, use it.
- Use alternate routes. Switch it up. All cities have integrated trail systems, why not use them?
Any questions? Feel free to contact me, I would love to help.
See you out there!